Friday, October 19, 2007

Kamryn


My niece, Kamryn has been faithfully emailing me for a few months now. And before she figured out how simple it was to dictate to her father what she wanted to send me electronically, she used to send handwritten letters in the mail. It's been a joy to recieve them in both forms. One of the drawback of living in California is being away from "the girlies," and Jackson and Colin and Max and the rest of the family. But Kami's letters make it easier. What follows is one of our correspondences:

Dear Doug and Frannie,
Before I say anything, about the joke I get it now.
Well anyway how's it going over there?
I mean like how's the weather over there and thing's.
Oh. And how's Frannie. Is she pregnentyet!
I almost fogot I'll ask my parent's for the trip Frannie and you to Doug.
Your's Forever,
Kamryn B. Bailey

Howdy, Kamchatka!

I hope you like your new nick name. If not, too bad so sad.

The weather over here is quite remarkable. It's about 85 degrees in the valley, which is where I work, and it's about 75 degrees in the city, and it's about 70 degrees at the beaches. Isn't it crazy that there can so many different temperatures in one city?! That's because the ocean cools off the beaches, and the breeze cools off the city, but then it gets blocked by the mountains, so the valley just gets all the sun and no breeze. That's why it's so much hotter here.

Luckily, me and Frannie live in the city where it's nice and cool most of the time.

We're almost done with school. Just two months left, and then we're free from school forever!!! We're going to have to get real jobs and work all the time like your old man. But it'll be okay because I'm going to like my job.

Also, Uncle Marc is coming out to visit in a couple weeks. He's going to check out one of the film schools out here. I think he wants to be a producer. That would be awesome because then we could team up and be partners like the Warner Brothers.

So, things are going well! Frannie's not pregnant yet, but we'll let you know when she is. Keep your fingers crossed.

I love you and can't wait to see you again! Say hi to your mom and popps for me and all your sisters.

Love,
Douglas Wade

PS what are you going to be for Halloween? What about your sisters?

No comments:

Post a Comment