Sunday, March 9, 2008

Wendall Udele


Elder Bailey,

So, after having read Mother's letter for this week, I guess you know the NEWS. I hadn't planned on keeping it secret from you, as some had conspired to do to me when I was on my mission. But then again, I hadn't planned on telling you either. I was just waiting for the right time I guess. And now the time is right, since Mommy made it right. Frannie is "prego," as they say out here in Cali. I've been looking at the ultrasound pictures all week. It's amazing how clear those things are nowadays. There's no question a living, breathing human being is growing inside Fran's belly. He's got long legs and big feet already - undoubtedly a Bailey.

It makes the stress and demands of work go right out the window, looking at those pictures...

And it makes the events of this past week seem insignificant - Mr. T coming in and blessing us all with his presence and his "god bless you's," meeting Juliette Lewis and signing her as a new client, witnessing Michael Greenwald (my boss) and Julia Buchwald (another agent) go at it like only agents can over a "mistake" that Julia claimed I made on an appointment (I'll have to tell that story in person), and the Palestinian rally, which was held just outside our office, which made me feel like I was walking down the Gaza strip when I went to lunch. All that stuff sort of just blurs into the background when it's held up against the pictures of little Wendall Udele, kickin' it in his mommy's tummy.

I'm excited to meet the new squeaky too, and excited for Nana and Papa to make their second trip out here (speaking of, you guys SHOULD have come to Disneyland! Don't ever make the mistake of not coming to Disneyland again).

Anyway, we're all excited to see you again, Hindu, and are proud of all your hard work in Jamrock. Make these last two weeks your best, and you won't have any regrets about coming home.

Love,
Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment