Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Barack the Nation

I wrote this little note after watching Barack Obama's speech at the DNC. I sent it as an email to close friends and posted it on the Shanor family website to see if I couldn't open a can of worms the way Uncle Roger always does. Here's the note, and a few of the responses:


I don't know about the rest of you, but after tonight's speech at the DNC, I'm on board!

You know, I've been nervous about my brother-in-law heading over to Afghanistan to fly Black Hawks. Thank heavens Barack will repair our relationships with terrorists and dictators in the Middle East. Why fight al-Qaeda if you can laugh and play cards with al-Qaeda?

I've been working as long and hard as a man can work, and I just can't seem to get over the hump on those bills and loans. I can't wait for Barack to pick up the tab.

I've been worried about how to pay for the soon-to-be Bailey boy's college education. Well, worry no more! Barack will make it affordable!

I haven't been able to go to the beach as often as I'd like on the weekends because of high gas prices. But thanks to Barack, I'll be a professional surfer in no time! I don't have a board yet, but I'm sure Barack wouldn't mind finding one for me.

I haven't been able to eat as many sweets lately because I've got some sensitivity in one of my back molars. I would get it fixed, but even with dental insurance, I doubt we can afford it. But don't worry, sweet tooth. Barack will see to it that you get your fillings replaced for free!

FINALLY, a leader who will give us all health, peace, and prosperity!

Come unto Barack, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and he will give you rest. Take his yoke upon you, and learn of him, and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For his yoke is easy, and his burden is light.

Amen.

Doug,

I was working and missed the speech, but do you think Barack would be
willing to talk to this girl I dated during my last semester at Chapman.
Things didn't quite pan out for us, and we had some fundamental
differences in faith...but I was thinking that I don't really have to
work at finding a solid relationship if the government could crank one out
for me. Do you think?

Peace,
Billings

P.S. Let me know when the little one arrives and I'll cook dinner for you
and Frannie one night.

Brilliant...

Only you could summarize such a travesty with "on the money" sarcasm.

All Josh and I could do while watching was shake our heads in disgust and scream at the television set. Is it me or do Democrats just despise this country??? All I hear when they talk is how horrible life is and how everything is George Bush and Dick Cheney's fault! And if I have to hear the term "working Americans" one more time, I might lose it! I guess people that make over $80,000 just don't work that hard??? Yeah Barack, life is rough but no worries, the government will solve all our problems. I got news for him and every other liberal in this country... I don't want you to take care of me!!! We barley make ends meet as well but it's not their job to give me a wealthier life. I'll do that on my own! Oh yeah, and the only "whiners" I hear are people like Barack and his friends, crying about how terrible their lives are. So I say "enough" to you, Barack, Michelle, Joe, Hillary, Bill, Nancy, and co....

I'll take anyone other than that joke of a politician.

Marc

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Douglas
    I miss and love your sarcasm. Hope all is well and you. please keep in touch

    ReplyDelete