Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My wife, the Bride's "Matron"



Frannie was a bride's matron for a few weddings this summer. I kept telling her to use the word "matron," because she's married now, but it didn't catch on. I guess it doesn't have the same ring as "maid." So anyway, her status as the bridesmaid/matron took us from Chicago (for Hannah's wedding), to Denver (for Emerald's wedding), and actually, that's it. I guess the two weddings just FELT like a few. I wonder why that would be? Perhaps it was because in these weddings, the bridesmaids are expected to remain by the bride's side, regardless of whether or not they have a husband who doesn't know anyone at the wedding. I can't tell you how many hours were spent in silent awkwardness while the rest of the table jibber jabbared comfortably all the night long. But I suppose I shouldn't be complaining. After all, I did get to dance with the prettiest girl in the building (including the bride herself) once the parties got started. And to come clean, Emerald allowed for her maids/matrons to sit and eat with their hubbies and boyfriends. Thanks, Emmy!

And because I don't want to forget where this summer took us, I'm going to list the places we went in a span of about a month and a half: Chicago, Denver, Cheyenne, back to L.A., then off to Salt Lake for Marc and Randalyn's wedding, back to L.A., then off to Florida and Alabama for Will Sharp's graduation from flight school and a Sharp family vacation in Gulf Shores, AL, situated right off the Gulf of Mexico. But we'll talk about that later...

No comments:

Post a Comment