Friday, August 17, 2007

A response to the letter...


Great letter, Dad. I, for one, can attest to the joys of growing up in the Bailey Home, as well. And if it wasn't all "peaches and cream," as you put it, it certainly was close... very close. It took me two years in the beautiful, good old land of Deutschland to realize it, and I'm glad I finally did. We are all so blessed to be a part of such an amazing, loving family, and to have been brought up by such wonderful parents. Thank you Mom and Dad. And thank you Brian, Jen, girlies, Jeff, Draya, Jackson, Colin, Doug, Frannie, Katie, Andy, Aaron, and Randalyn! You are all such great examples to me. Let us all remember how fortunate we are and what a blessing the Gospel has been in our lives.

Let me end with a quote from the new film, "Stardust," which could be a risk, considering Mom and Dad didn't think it was the greatest movie (which is perfectly ok), and our well respected film ciritc, Douglas Wade, as yet to see it. But I think the quote says it well for me: "I imagine a life which is everlasting would be a very lonely one... Unless, of course, you had someone to share it with... Then I could imagine it being very wonderful..."

How sweet it is to know that life IS everlasting, and that we'll all be sharing it with the greatest people in the world...

I love you all!
Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment