Monday, August 27, 2007

Ugly Betty


Mom and Dad,

I've been thinking about you guys since dropping Robert off at Utah St. And even I felt lonely thinking about that big 'ol house being empty! But then I thought, "that house will never be empty!" The grandkids will keep rolling in, and soon enough, they'll be old enough to raise the kind of ruckus we used to raise. The good thing about your situation now is that you'll have some days of peace and quiet in between the days of ruckus, which is something you didn't enjoy when we were growing up. Anyway, my mind was put at ease when I thought about that, so I thought I'd share.

I'd also like to share a Hollywood tale, if I may. Jason Berman, the producer for whom I'm writing my script, had a birthday party last night at El Cholo (the Mexican restaurant I took you guys to on your last day here in L.A.). Among his guests was one America Farerra, or as most of you may know her, "Ugly Betty." Frannie was freaking out when she came into the room, but thankfully calmed down when she realized she'd be sitting with us at the table. I told her she better get used to that kind of thing, cause that's what life will be like from here on out: schmoozing with the stars. Anyway, the party was great, and America was more down-to-earth than most of the other people there, which made us like her even more.

I'm at work right now, finishing up the second draft of my script. Tomorrow I start classes. Frannie starts tomorrow too. Say a prayer for us that we can finish strong!

We love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again!

Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment